The Bicycle Computer for E-Bikes with older GoSwiss Drive power units
This version of the coachsmart uses a completely new developed software, with which you can control e-bikes with old Go Swiss Drive power units (former benchmark drives/ power units) . The coachsmart can replace the displays of the e-bikes (e.g. the ones of the Bulls Green Mover, Simplon Kagu, Cube Epo and more). Like the other coachsmart versions, you can extend the usability of the coachsmart with intelligent data from your smartphone or other ANT+ sensors.
The coachsmart connects with all standard ANT+ sensors, but also with electronic shiftig systems, e-bikes and smartphones. Its features can always be extended. Thus every cyclist will find the right configuration.
E-Biking with Coachsmart
The latest coachsmart-firmware allows connection with GIANT and Liv e-bikes (model year 2020) and Turbo Levo & Kenevo by Specialized and Rocky Mountain Powerplay (mit iWoc TRIO V3 Remote). Coachsmart replaces the missing display and shows you important data of your e-bike at any time. You can find the list of compatible e-bikes by GIANT and Liv here.
Your Benefits of E-Biking with Coachsmart
- Accurate display of the battery status of your e-bike
- Display of the current support level
- Display of remaining range, so that you always know how far you can still ride your e-bike
- Speed display
- Display of the distance
- Display of travel time
- Display of the cadence
Note: Please note that your e-bike must have the latest firmware. This is the only way to ensure functionality. If your coachsmart does not connect to your e-bike, please contact your dealer.
Navigation with coachsmart1
With the naviki app, you can use the coachsmart as a navigation device. Your beloved smartphone stays safely in your backpack or bag and you save its battery life. Furthermore, the display contrast is very high even in sunny weather conditions, which gives you excellent readability. You can also use your coachsmart in the rain, because unlike most smartphones, it is completely waterproof.
Your Benefits of Navigation with coachsmart
- Perfect route planing and navigation through smartphone app
- Maximum accuracy in determining your location
- Precise altitude information by comparing GPS, map data and barometric sensor in the smartphone2
- Battery saving thanks to switched off smartphone display
- Display of all important routing information directly on the coachsmart
Overview of all Functions
- Travel time
- Information from electronic shifting systems like Shimano Di2, SRAM eTAP, Campagnolo Super Record EPS, FSA K-Force WE: gear indication, battery status
- Travel time
- GPS Data: Navigation, Speed, Distance
- Battery status of the e-bike
- Display of support level
- Wireless shifting of support level
1 The navigation with the naviki app and coachsmart works by activating the turn-by-turn hints. There is a one-off fee of 3,79€ (Android) and 3,99€ (iOS).
2Depends on the hardware of the smartphone. Smartphones with barometric sensor are e.g. Apple iPhone 5 and later; Samsung Galaxy S3 and later.
3 Appropriate ANT+ accessories required.
- Battery: CR2032 (life span >300h)
- Dimensions: 60x38x16 mm
- Weight: 26g with the battery
- ANT+ for sensors
- Bluetooth® Low Energy for smartphone connectivity
- "Translator" of ANT+ information to Bluetooth®
- ANT+ LEV for e-bikes
- coachsmart with CR2032 battery
- Holder for the handlebars
- Mounting material
- Switch on the battery of the pedelec
- It is not necessary to put the e-bike or battery in pairing mode
- Activate the speed sensor by multiple wheel rotations
- Take the coachsmart GSD and press the A/C button on the back with a pointed object
- The word "pair" appears on the display
- The coachsmart GSD should now be successfully connected
To avoid this, the coachsmart (LEV/GSD) must be connected to an ANT+ sensor, such as a heart rate sensor or a speed sensor. In this case, the device will always search for the paired sensors and the 'sleep mode' will not kick in.
The coachsmart (LEV/GSD) can be woken up from 'sleep mode' by pressing the middle button.
2. activate the ANT+ sensors and press the reset button on the back of the coachsmart (e.g. with a pen).
Bluetooth Low Energy is always activated. If you turn on your iPhone or other devices with Bluetooth sensor (e.g. Polar brand devices), they will be connected immediately. Despite the constant sensor search, we promise a battery life of at least (!) 300 training hours for coachsmart.
In mirror mode (i.e. use with smartphone), the automatic search also works, provided (and only then!) you have connected the activated sensors via the Naviki app.
You can do this with the path shown through the menu on the smartphone in the Naviki app:
Settings -> Smart Bike System -> Smart Display
The advantage of GPS: The wheel circumference as a source of error is eliminated.
With our speed sensors, however, you are independent of clouds or bridges that can interfere with the GPS signal. Speed sensors also react much faster to speed increases or braking maneuvers.
You will notice the advantage of our speed sensor most on steep, blocked climbs in the terrain: Here you ride slowly and at a variable speed. The speed is measured via the frequency of the signals from the spoke magnet, which corresponds to the distance actually ridden. The speed measurement is therefore independent of the altitude. And this altitude can falsify the displayed speed with GPS measurement.
Problems of this type can occur if USEE/coachsmart have been paired with the smartphone directly within the operating system and not via the Naviki app.
To solve the problem, the coachsmart must be removed in the Bluetooth settings on Android. After that, the smartphone must be turned off and then on again. Pairing with the USEE/coachsmart is now no longer done via the Bluetooth menu of the operating system, but directly via the settings menu in the Naviki app.
- Current speed
- Travel time
- Kilometers ridden
- Total kilometers
- Time (in connection with smartphone)
- Rider power
- Heart rate (in connection with ANT+ chest strap)
- Current battery level of the e-bike
- Turn-by-turn directions (in conjunction with the Navki app)
- Error messages of the e-bike
There is also a YouTube video explaining the connection of the coachsmart (LEV/GSD) with the Naviki app, you can find it here.
- Go to "Settings" on your smartphone in the Naviki App.
- Go to "smart bike system
- Then go to "coach display
- The coachsmart appears on the display, with one click you establish the connection
- The coachsmart is now connected to your smartphone
There is the possibility of online and offline navigation. In the case of online navigation, your smartphone needs internet reception to plan and calculate the route, in the case of offline navigation, the app does not need internet. In this case, however, you have to download the offline maps. Naviki offers these from 4.79€. The payment is made once, after which the map is available to you at any time. You can find the various offline maps in the app under "Extras" -> "Offline maps".
Naviki also offers many other navigation options for cyclists, such as route planning for MTB, route planning for road bikes etc. If you want to learn more, just download the app or visit the website www.naviki.org.
Note: If navigation is activated on your coachsmart (LEV/GSD), you can no longer switch between the different display modes with the middle button. In this case you can only see the turn-by-turn directions (and the current speed) on the display. The left and right buttons remain unaffected in their functionality. Of course, you can still use them to switch the support levels of the motor.
1 of 1 reviews
May 23, 2022 09:48
Coachsmart für GoSwiss Drive Antriebe
Der gelieferte Coachsmart konnte einfach und problemlos mit dem Pedelec, einem Simplon Alulite E0 Bj. 2012 verbunden werden und funktioniert einwandfrei. D.h. die Bedienung des Pedelecs ist in Ordnung, Navigation und weitere Funktionen mit der Smartphone App sind für mich nicht relevant.
You might like this too