This product is currently not available or sold out
One Bike Computer - Countless Possibilities
Coachsmart is a small and easy to use bike computer with a battery life of over 300 hours and enormous extendability. You can use it as a simple "bicycle computer", but also as a full-value training device. You get your data from sensors, your smartphone or you can simply use both at the same time. You decide which data you want to see.
The coachsmart connects with all standard ANT+ sensors, but also with electronic shiftig systems, e-bikes and smartphones. Its features can always be extended. Thus every cyclist will find the right configuration.
E-Biking with Coachsmart
The latest coachsmart-firmware allows connection with GIANT and Liv e-bikes (model year 2020) and Turbo Levo & Kenevo by Specialized and Rocky Mountain Powerplay (mit iWoc TRIO V3 Remote). Coachsmart replaces the missing display and shows you important data of your e-bike at any time. You can find the list of compatible e-bikes by GIANT and Liv here.
Your Benefits of E-Biking with Coachsmart
- Accurate display of the battery status of your e-bike
- Display of the current support level
- Display of remaining range, so that you always know how far you can still ride your e-bike
- Speed display
- Display of the distance
- Display of travel time
- Display of the cadence
Note: Please note that your e-bike must have the latest firmware. This is the only way to ensure functionality. If your coachsmart does not connect to your e-bike, please contact your dealer.
Navigation with coachsmart1
With the naviki app, you can use the coachsmart as a navigation device. Your beloved smartphone stays safely in your backpack or bag and you save its battery life. Furthermore, the display contrast is very high even in sunny weather conditions, which gives you excellent readability. You can also use your coachsmart in the rain, because unlike most smartphones, it is completely waterproof.
Your Benefits of Navigation with coachsmart
- Perfect route planing and navigation through smartphone app
- Maximum accuracy in determining your location
- Precise altitude information by comparing GPS, map data and barometric sensor in the smartphone2
- Battery saving thanks to switched off smartphone display
- Display of all important routing information directly on the coachsmart
Training with coachsmart
Coachsmart shows you all important data you need for your training. You can later upload your training data to apps like Strava where you can share and compare it with other athletes. Furthermore, your coachsmart is very light and takes up very little space on your handlebars. You don't have to worry about charging because its battery life is over 300 hours.
Your Benefits of Training with coachsmart
- Easily upgradeable to a high performance training computer (ANT+ heart rate belt, power meter, cadence sensor, electronic gear)3
- Differentiated display of heart rate and performance data
- Shimano Di2 & Sram eTAP gear shif indicator
- Accurate battery level display of all gearshift components
- Shifting Profiles & Gear Shifting Adjustment (only Di2)
Overview of all Functions
- Travel time
- Information from electronic shifting systems like Shimano Di2, SRAM eTAP, Campagnolo Super Record EPS, FSA K-Force WE: gear indication, battery status
- Travel time
- GPS Data: Navigation, Speed, Distance
- Battery status of the e-bike
- Display of support level
- Wireless shifting of support level
1 The navigation with the naviki app and coachsmart works by activating the turn-by-turn hints. There is a one-off fee of 3,79€ (Android) and 3,99€ (iOS).
2Depends on the hardware of the smartphone. Smartphones with barometric sensor are e.g. Apple iPhone 5 and later; Samsung Galaxy S3 and later.
3 Appropriate ANT+ accessories required.
- Battery: CR2032 (life span >300h)
- Dimensions: 60x38x16 mm
- Weight: 26g with the battery
- ANT+ for sensors
- Bluetooth® Low Energy for smartphone connectivity
- "Translator" of ANT+ information to Bluetooth®
- ANT+ LEV for e-bikes
- coachsmart with CR2032 battery
- Holder for the handlebars
- Mounting material
- Current speed
- Travel time
- Kilometers driven
- Total kilometers
- Time (in connection with smartphone)
- Rider power
- Heart rate (in connection with ANT+ chest strap)
- Current battery level of the e-bike
- Turn-by-turn directions (in conjunction with the Navki app)
- Error messages of the e-bike
- REIGN E+ 0 PRO
- REIGN E+ 1 PRO
- REIGN E+ 2 PRO
- TRANCE E+ 0 PRO
- TRANCE E+ 1 PRO
- TRANCE E+ 2 PRO
- TRANCE E+ 3 PRO
- STANCE E+ 0 PRO 29
- STANCE E+ 1 PRO 29
- STANCE E+ 1
- STANCE E+ 2
- FATHOM E+ 0 PRO
- FATHOM E+ 1 PRO
- FATHOM E+ 2 PRO
- FATHOM E+ 2
- FATHOM+ 3 PWR
- FATHOM E+ 3
- FATHOM E+ JR.
- INTRIGUE E+ 1 PRO
- INTRIGUE E+ 2 PRO
- EMBOLDEN E+ 1
- EMBOLDEN E+ 2
- VALL-E+ 1 PRO
- VALL-E+ 2 PRO
- VALL-E+ 2
- VALL-E+ 3 PWR
- VALL-E+ 3
- THRIVE E+ PRO
- Year of manufacture 2020
Rocky Mountain Powerplay
- With iWoc TRIO V3 Remote
NOTE: Please note that the coachsmart is only compatible with the GIANT and Liv E-bike models from year of manufacture 2020. These must always have the latest firmware. If your coachsmart does not connect to one of the e-bikes listed above, please contact your dealer.
The error codes have the following meaning:
- E 000 - no error
- E 001 - BATtery error (temporary)
- E 002 - DRIvetrain error
- E 003 - BATtery error (End of Life) - in this case you should contact your dealer and replace the battery.
- E 004 - HOT - the drive unit is overheated
E.g. in case of a temporary error of the drive unit, the display shows alternately the error code "E 002" and "E dri". When the error is corrected, the field shows E 000 again.
To avoid this, the coachsmart (LEV/GSD) must be connected to an ANT+ sensor, such as a heart rate sensor or a speed sensor. In this case, the device will always search for the paired sensors and the 'sleep mode' will not kick in.
The coachsmart (LEV/GSD) can be woken up from 'sleep mode' by pressing the middle button.
The only thing you have to do is to set the actual wheel circumference on the coachsmart itself. You can see how this works in the YouTube video here.
You can get an ANT+ speed sensor in our online store for 24,90€ here.
2. activate the ANT+ sensors and press the reset button on the back of the coachsmart (e.g. with a pen).
Bluetooth Low Energy is always activated. If you turn on your iPhone or other devices with Bluetooth sensor (e.g. Polar brand devices), they will be connected immediately. Despite the constant sensor search, we promise a battery life of at least (!) 300 training hours for coachsmart.
In mirror mode (i.e. use with smartphone), the automatic search also works, provided (and only then!) you have connected the activated sensors via the Naviki app.
You can do this with the path shown through the menu on the smartphone in the Naviki app:
Settings -> Smart Bike System -> Smart Display
The advantage of GPS: The wheel circumference as a source of error is eliminated.
With our speed sensors, however, you are independent of clouds or bridges that can interfere with the GPS signal. Speed sensors also react much faster to speed increases or braking maneuvers.
You will notice the advantage of our speed sensor most on steep, blocked climbs in the terrain: Here you ride slowly and at a variable speed. The speed is measured via the frequency of the signals from the spoke magnet, which corresponds to the distance actually ridden. The speed measurement is therefore independent of the altitude. And this altitude can falsify the displayed speed with GPS measurement.
Problems of this type can occur if USEE/coachsmart have been paired with the smartphone directly within the operating system and not via the Naviki app.
To solve the problem, the coachsmart must be removed in the Bluetooth settings on Android. After that, the smartphone must be turned off and then on again. Pairing with the USEE/coachsmart is now no longer done via the Bluetooth menu of the operating system, but directly via the settings menu in the Naviki app.
There is also a YouTube video explaining the connection of the coachsmart (LEV/GSD) with the Naviki app, you can find it here.
- Go to "Settings" on your smartphone in the Naviki App.
- Go to "smart bike system
- Then go to "coach display
- The coachsmart appears on the display, with one click you establish the connection
- The coachsmart is now connected to your smartphone
There is the possibility of online and offline navigation. In the case of online navigation, your smartphone needs internet reception to plan and calculate the route, in the case of offline navigation, the app does not need internet. In this case, however, you have to download the offline maps. Naviki offers these from 4.79€. The payment is made once, after which the map is available to you at any time. You can find the various offline maps in the app under "Extras" -> "Offline maps".
Naviki also offers many other navigation options for cyclists, such as route planning for MTB, route planning for road bikes etc. If you want to learn more, just download the app or visit the website www.naviki.org.
Note: If navigation is activated on your coachsmart (LEV/GSD), you can no longer switch between the different display modes with the middle button. In this case you can only see the turn-by-turn directions (and the current speed) on the display. The left and right buttons remain unaffected in their functionality. Of course, you can still use them to switch the support levels of the motor.
1 of 1 reviews
August 14, 2022 16:07
Komfortable Navigation auf ein Minimum reduziert.
Das Zusammenspiel von Naviki und dem Coachsmart ist extrem gut. 2 Wochen in Dänemark rumgegurkt und einfach dem kleinen Gerätchen am Lenker vertraut. Bei Kreuzungen mit leicht links und/oder rechts lohnt sich ein Blick auf den Coachsmart nach der Kreuzung. Dort kommt die Navigation an Ihre Grenzen. Wenn das Smartphone im Datenmodus ist wird aber zuverlässig ein neue Route berechnet, die eventuell aber leicht länger ist...Grundsätzlich aber immer den richtigen Weg auf Anhieb gefunden. Danke Sämi
You might like this too